- First and foremost, we finally sold the house in Lapstone!!! It settled last week, so that is a massive weight off; not only losing the mortgage but the cash injection for the house build will be appreciated.
- Last Saturday was Huon Show Day, which I thought was fantastic because they had goats AND miniature donkeys. Derek enjoyed the farm equipment, but is not going to get the ride on mower he pointed out, or the quad bike for that matter. As Tony quite rightly pointed out he has had enough toys for the time being, and we realised we hadn't even mentioned the MacBook Pro on the blog.
- We had our first set of visitors the weekend before, Derek's sister and her family. It reinforced what we've already come to realise, the cottage is quite small; so bring on the new house!!
- We're still waiting on Council to get back to us on the development plans for the house, they have about three weeks left to do so.
- Derek successfully completed his chainsaw course today, and didn't even bleed. He had a great time cutting up bits of wood for the day; at least now I'll feel a little more comfortable about us getting one (although that is a toy he can wait for).
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Can't believe it's been over a month since we last posted. I guess it's definitely time for an update then.