For those of you not in Tasmania, the mornings have been frosty and the days short. Despite that we have made some progress. The electrician has moved the temporary board and we have started some of the permanent wiring.
The roofers finally had enough good weather to finish the roof. Very happy with the final product.
And as for the straw walls, baling is going slowly because of the wet weather. We have also chosen the single most complex wall in the whole building to start with. But it is nearly ready for the rendering, just a little more wire wrapping to go.
Monday, June 11, 2012
So we have finally started with the straw walls. Have started on a small wall to try and discover all the challenges we are going to face. Been very interesting trying to merge the information we learnt on our workshop, with the specifications of the designer and random information from books and online.
But we are getting closer, with the next hurdle being the render and its application.