Friday, January 13, 2012

New Year Progress

After two weeks off over Xmas we are back into the build.  Last week was a catch up week with me finishing off little jobs and getting my head around the roof build.

This week we were back in to it.  Had the brick layer back on Wednesday to finish the block wall now that I know where the ridge is and the rake of the ceiling.  Shocking weather for laying blocks with the last downpour lasting over an hour whilst I was trying to fill the cores.  It stopped being fun about half way through that.

We also started building up walls and posts for the ridge beams.

Today was driving around to get the scaffolding so that we have something safe to work from.  A long way up and my aversion to heights is still there. but the stability of the scaffold is helping.



Next week is starting with the ridge beams and rafters.  Hopefully the weather holds out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment