Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another Bargain

I actually wrote a post on this but then Kylie informed me that she had already done so in another blog she writes, and that hers had more emotion.  So I have deleted my words and cut and pasted hers:

So today we happened to be in Moonah, by a series of confusion and error, but we won't go into that. While we were there we decided to just drop into Harvey Norman and check out the rangehoods, one of the random sort of things we do.
I should explain that about 12 months ago we happened to go into the same store when it was changing ownership and purchased our stove. This was a Belling stove I had fallen in love with but could not bring myself to spend $8,000 on. We got it just under half price in the changeover sale, but that was a different positive experience.
Anyway, today we went in and we were looking around at the rangehoods. We came across the clearance section and they had a 110cm Belling rangehood (that is the size of the stove we bought) for less than half price, it was only $647. And it was black, which I think will work better than the silver ones we had been looking at. So given that we had budgeted $2,000 for the rangehood, I think that rates as a very positive experience for the day. 



Kylie also saw her Smeg fridge that she likes.  But at nearly $4000 we may have to wait until I get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment