Sunday, July 18, 2010

New modes of transport

It was our six year anniversary not long before we left NSW, and I asked for a bike for a present. The theory was that it would give us another way to explore Tassie, and a quick and easy mode of transport in Huonville.
We went shopping yesterday and got my bike :-) which is very cool. It was a little depressing that I had to get a small, which meant that we couldn't get the bike we wanted as they didn't have my size, but the one I got is even better so it's all good.
That meant that today we went for our first bike ride.  We chose a short 5km route through the back of Huonville and all in all it was very nice.  There weren't too many cars on the road and it was pretty flat for the main part.  Derek already had a bike which he occasionally rode to work, but he hadn't ridden it much of late.
So this evening we both of little niggly muscle aches, and I'm fairly certain I have bruising from my bike seat :-(  Tomorrow we're certain to be a bit sore and sorry for ourselves, but hopefully we'll stick at it and it will be more than a passing fad.

No comments:

Post a Comment